Pages

The Ponder Days

I am just a sojourner, an artist wandering through life with a sense of wonder about it all. Come ponder with me. This year is about observation and perspective.

This blog is interactive and is at its best when comments are left and opinions shared, lively discussions generated, and perhaps with your favorite beverage.

I would love to read your comments. Please, don't be shy...







Thursday, February 24, 2011

Thursday Raw Breakfast ~ Cinnamon Flax Crackers

This is breakfast this morning with a piece of fruit. No, not ALL of them. They just looked so pretty on the plate. I'll have two or three and wrap the rest and put them in the breadbox. They are completely dehydrated, so will keep a long time. Another raw food offering that is easy to make, although you do need to plan ahead if you want them for something special, because they do need time in the dehydrator. I make my own almond milk and use the leftover pulp. You can simply soak almonds overnight and grind them and use that.

Cinnamon Flax Crackers (makes about 24  3 inch diameter crackers)
Pulp from 1 cup of soaked and ground almonds. ( I use the leftover pulp from my almond milk making)
1 cup ground flaxseed (flax meal)
1/2 tsp cinnamon (or to taste)
1 packet stevia (or to taste)
pinch sea salt
1 cup filtered wated

Combine all ingredients. Drop by teaspoon onto teflex sheet and smooth into thin circle with back of spoon. This takes a little time, but is fun and relaxing. Dehydrate at 115 degrees for several hours, or until tops are dry, then flip onto another tray and remove the teflex. Allow to dehydrate several more hours or until completely dry. This usually takes less than 24 hours to complete.

For those without a dehydrator, you can put your oven on its lowest temp, and use a cookie sheet lined with wax paper. Over 115 degrees approcahes the limit for the raw enzymes to be preserved, but they will still be delicious.

Flax seed is renowned for its high omega 3 content and is a good oil for your body.
Almonds are considered alkaline (one of the few nuts that is)

Enjoy these. Let me know what you think. I love feedback.  And I remembered the picture today.

No comments: