Pages

The Ponder Days

I am just a sojourner, an artist wandering through life with a sense of wonder about it all. Come ponder with me. This year is about observation and perspective.

This blog is interactive and is at its best when comments are left and opinions shared, lively discussions generated, and perhaps with your favorite beverage.

I would love to read your comments. Please, don't be shy...







Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Keeps You Going All Morning ~ Hemp Hemi

I'll get back to the art posts, and Living Your Spirit - I promise, but I feel so good when I consume raw food that it just doesn't seem fair not to share it.

I had this for breakfast this morning. I make all sorts of smoothie drinks, but my husband thinks the word smoothie doesn't do justice to the power of the drink, so we call them Hemis now. Laugh if you will, these mixtures are great energy boosters, good for you, and taste teriffic.

Hemp Hemi
1 cup purified water
1 banana
2 Tbsp Hemp seed, hulled (available at most health food stores)
2 cups frozen mixed berries (anything with raspberries will have seeds in it...I don't mind, you may)
1 handful spinach (yes, spinach! You don't even taste it.)
Stevia to taste ( I use one packet Sweet Leaf)

Mix all in high speed blender until well processed.
Add straw for extra fun.
I drank it before I thought to take a picture, but it looks something like this.


Makes two servings about 200 calories each. I drink the whole thing and then go lighter at lunch.

Try this one, and let me know how you like it. Stay tuned for other variations. More on the benefits of hemp seed in a later post.

YUM!

No comments: