Pages

The Ponder Days

I am just a sojourner, an artist wandering through life with a sense of wonder about it all. Come ponder with me. This year is about observation and perspective.

This blog is interactive and is at its best when comments are left and opinions shared, lively discussions generated, and perhaps with your favorite beverage.

I would love to read your comments. Please, don't be shy...







Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Chia Bliss Pudding ~ Now You're Going to Think I'm Just Nuts

Chia seed pudding...no, really! Chia seeds (food grade, not Chia Pet grade, silly) are one of the most nutritionally dense foods around. Read HERE for a good article on this high energy endurance food.

Anyway, you are either going to love it or hate it on first try. The texture is quite interesting. It has gelatinous properties and can be used as a thinkening agent, but the little crunch of the seeds remains. It could become and acquired taste...I adored it from the beginning!

This is my own recipe. Look for more variations later. Again, no picture. I have to remember to shoot before eating. Bliss? *nodding* Yes...because I feel REALLY good after eating this.

Chia Bliss Pudding
1/2 cup almond milk
1 Tbsp chia seeds
1 packet stevia
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 Tbsp unsweetened coconut
1 Tbsp slivered almonds

Mix almond milk, stevia and vanilla. Add chia seeds. Allow to stand for at least 20 minutes.
Stir well and add almonds and coconut.
Makes 1 serving. 258 calories
Enjoy!

Okay, I really would like to know if you like this. I know I loved it, but I eat a lot of things at which most people will turn up their noses.
Good? Huh? What do you think?

No comments: